Friday 29 July 2011

Top Tip Challenge 44 - "Make It Girly"

First of all, I wouild like to send a very special shout-out to the lovely ladies over at Top Tip Tuesday, who inundated me with lovely comments on my previous card... So thank you very much ladies, and to everyone else who left a comment :)

... And here is my card for today :)


This card was loads of fun to make, and surprisingly quick (Copic colouring aside :) ).

I absolutely LOVE fussy cutting, and as Xpress Blend paper is *slightly* dearer than plain paper, it is a great way to maximise your paper usage, so that is my TIP for the week. So I have fussy cut little CC Designs Swiss Pixies Cute Birgitta and mounted her onto Fancy Pants "Beach Babe" papers.

Here is a close-up of Birgitta



I don't have the list of Copic colours I used handy, but if you would like to know, please leave me a comment and I will work it out and get back to you :)

The rest of the materials used are:

Sweet Shoppe "Sugar On Top" papers
Pink Grosgrain ribbon - HOW GOOD IS THAT STUFF?!?!?!
Heart buttons (to make the flower, and then either side of the sentiment)
And Martha Steward Scalloped-edge punch - another AWESOME product!

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Top Tip Tuesday - Make it Girly
Allsorts Challenge - Week 113 Free and Easy

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Jess thanks for the mention in your write-up, the cards you enter into TTT each week deserve all the fab comments they get :)

    This card is sooo sweet but I'm afraid I've not come across 'fussy cutting'.....please enlighten me! ...although I have an idea, but at the risk of coming across totally silly I'll wait for your answer ;)

    Thanks for joining in with our 'Make it Girlie' challenge over at Top Tip Tuesday this week - and don't forget, if you share a tip with us on your blog too you could win another prize!

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol

    "Fussy cutting" is when you cut exactly around something, rather than just cut a square/circle/oval, etc with the character in the middle. So for my card, I cut out Birgitta precisely, and mounted her onto card, so it looks like she is sitting on the stripe.

    Hope that helps! :)

    ReplyDelete