Wednesday 25 May 2011

Playing with Copics!

I'm very new to the world of Copic markers, and I have to say, I AM IN LOVE!!! There is a plethora of information available through craft shops, craft magazines, the official Copic Australia website, and blogs if you are interested in learning how to use them, or expand on your knowledge. As I am NOT a Copic certified designer, at this time, I WON'T be posting any tutorials, just illustrating what I do (pardon the pun) :)

Firstly, I wanted to show you just how different the same stamp can look with a different light source!

Here we have C.C. Designs Swiss Miss Rosalie with Roses. In the first picture, I have coloured her with the light source coming from the right:


And here I have used her with the light source coming from directly in front of her:

Please forgive the very, VERY rudimentary colouring! :) In both images, I have used the same Copics:

Skin: E000, E50, E53
Hair: E50, E31, E35, YG00, YG02 (YGs for the ribbon)
Dress: B00, B02, B05, R35
Socks: RV10, RV13
Shoes: C1, C3, C5
Roses: R32, R35

Now while some of the more seasoned Copic users might question my using E000 with the two E5* Copics, I was taught that when it comes to Copics, there are no rules! :) And my collection is still fairly limited (25 Copics to-date) so I had to make do with what I had, I'm not unhappy with the results. I have been blog-hopping, and have found that for skin tones, E000, E00, E02 are the most popular choices. I purchased the E00 and E02 today, and I am attending another Copic workshop this weekend, so stay tuned for *hopefully* some better Copic portraiture!

Next (sorry for the long post!), I wanted to show you how effective the "Cool" tones are! I was very reluctant to play with these, as I thought they were a bit of a boring group and wouldn't be very versatile. How wrong I was! I coloured in this gorgeous little Imaginisce Snag 'em Stamps Dolphin stamp: A perfect example of how you won't get the same result twice, even with the same light source!

Please excuse the ink smudge on the left Dolphin!

And FINALLY! I am a huge fan of anything vintage! And when I bought the VERY beautiful set of Hot Off The Press Vintage Ladies stamps, I was a bit concerned that they wouldn't be very versatile. This was BEFORE I started using Copics :) These look great either un-coloured, or coloured, depending on your co-ordinating papers! I haven't put one of these lovely ladies onto a card yet, but I will post pics as soon as I do! :)



Thanks for stopping by today! I hope to bring you more Copic goodness very soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment